Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The most oustanding character award goes to...

I feel the character that is most likable is H.F. She is a replicate of most girls at that age and what is going through their minds about school, relationships, and friends. She grabbed my attention by being someone who is easily read and easily relate able. She was charming and very humorous. Her personal thoughts that she shared with the reader brought her character to another level. I was able to not only see the story, but what she was thinking about the story and maybe things she wanted to say, but could not out loud. At some point in time we all feel this way. That brings me to my next point, YA literature is so important and amazing because it is so relate able. Even for adults who read the books, I am sure they can remember feeling the same as a character at some point in time. I feel that I can also use some of the characters' stories as metaphors for my own life. Then, I can maybe solve the situation the way they did or not. I really think these books are amazing testimonials for bits and pieces of every one's life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Victoria!

    I agree that H.F. is a character that is likable and easy to relate to. Her personality gives the first-person narrative a quirkyness that is original without being extraordinary, which is why I personally like her.

    Like you said, I guess the reasons a particular character appeals to the reader also apply to why particular books appeal to the reader: often it's because they can relate to them.

    ReplyDelete